Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bloomington smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Bloomington home’s automation and security. See what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or saved video from your integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington by implementing schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in your house and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bloomington
Despite the fact that various users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the information to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bloomington smart home. Contact (812) 579-4884 to learn more.